BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Monday, March 23, 2009

Tidbits

Tidbit 1.
Sudden weather transformations are not uncommon to South Dakota, but the past two days . . . wow, what can I say? Yesterday morning it was 55 degrees, and the cloudy March sky bespoke of Spring rain. In the afternoon, the clouds went away and the temperature soared to 80 degrees. I was convinced that summer had come to stay. But alas, in the evening, dark clouds crept around the prairie, and produced a wild thunder and lightning storm. Today, we are in the midst of a blizzard. School was canceled, Daddy is home, and life is cold, er, good. :) I ADORE South Dakota!
Tidbit 2.
I celebrated my twenty-third birthday last week. Someone, (who will remain nameless) informed me that I am extremely old. Someone else gave me the impression that I'm so young it's disgusting. I'm not sure what to make of such conflicting information. :) Seriously though, I love my age. It's exactly the age God wants me to be, therefore, I know that it is the best age for me. :)
I'm twenty-three! Here's the proof!
I washed dishes in the school kitchen all
morning, but when I came home my family
treated me like a princess. Kayla did my hair!

It's kind of a dark picture, but I don't detect any new signs of aging. ;)

Tidbit 3.

Psalm 139 has been such a blessing to me over the past months. To know that no matter where I go, be it Heaven, Hell (I know I'm not going there, btw.), or the uttermost parts of the sea, God is there. I cannot escape the One who loves me. I don't want to escape. God's precious thoughts towards me are more in number than the sand. He surrounds my path, He knows every move that I make, He crafted me, He holds me in His hand, He loves me. No, I don't ever want to escape. I love my God!

Have a wonderful day!

2 comments:

ambersun said...

Hi from Australia

Happy Birthday!

We have weird weather here too - I'm never sure how many layers to wear.

I also loved the poem in the previous post.

God Bless

Amber

Ashley Sebo said...

Happy Belated Birthday, Dawna!!!

You look lovely in the last picture! Kayla did a good job on your hair!!! You are a princess, as Jesus's daughter, right??? So you ought to be treated like one!

Hope your doing well!

Hugs!