By the grace of God, I passed my Psychology exam today. It feels wonderful if you don't take into account the slight headache I usually acquire after a CLEP test. But, I don't mean that to be a complaint. I am so grateful that I have a merciful God who allows his erring child to pass CLEP tests.
Psychology is an interesting subject (interesting being an extremely kind word in this case). I really don't think it would be a subject difficult enough to be on a college level if it weren't for all the different theories of how the mind and body operate. For example: There is the Biological Approach that basically states that the condition of the body dictates how we adhere to the world psychologically. And the Cognitive Approach that involves the mind and thinking processes. And the Humanistic Approach that states that man is basically good and should be given free reign to express himself. etc, etc.
Over the past weeks I have had the "delightful" experience of studying the above theories and the crazy ideas that accompany them. Ladies and gentlemen, not one is going to work. Systematic desensitization is not going to cure phobias. Hypnosis is not going to cure pain. Cognitive therapy is not going to change the way we think. I know something that does work though. It's called "The Word of God." When I am irrationally afraid, it tells me "Fear not, for I am with thee." When I'm in pain, it tells me that "My grace is sufficient for thee, for My strength is made perfect in weakness." When I think that I am a meaningless speck of nothing, it tells me that "I am fearfully and wonderfully made."
I believe with all my heart that the Bible is the best psychology book anyone could study. Too bad the world doesn't recognize that. If that were to happen, psychology would be a subject worth studying.
Monday, August 24, 2009
Psychology
lovingly created by Dawna at 4:49 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





3 comments:
Coolness, Dawna! I'm so proud of you. Psychology is the one class I'm not looking forward to taking..
Your writing is great as usual. Love you!!
Yay for Dawna!!!!!!! I'm so happy you passed girl!! Love you!
Well done, Dawna!! God is so good!!
Amen, to all you said regarding God's Word!! It's so easy to get all caught up in the "education" of the world and forget the most imortant and only wholly reliable source, the Bible!!
Have a lovely evening! Love you!!
Post a Comment