I've waged a war beneath the skies,
My swords are prayers, my daggers cries.
My face rests on the feet of God,
My tears have drenched the Heavenly sod.
In darkness deep, a son was born,
A wild joy, a raging scorn.
He is the man for whom I fight,
I pray my prayers defeat his night.
His wicked eyes have called to me,
His grin implores enticingly.
He will not understand my, "no."
If I refuse, I'll hurt him so.
I gaze into my Savior's eyes,
"Don't make me leave him," my heart cries.
"Please, wrap him in Your crimson scars,
That precious robe of rosy stars."
When he's nearby, I sense a heat,
A fire from Hell grasps at his feet.
"Dear LORD, pour blood upon that flame,
Return the blaze from where it came."
"Oh God, cast down Your stars and moons,
Let oceans drown the silver dunes.
But don't allow his soul to cease,
Please, don't destroy Your masterpiece."
* * *
If I am called to let you go,
To make a choice, to tell you, "no,"
I'll take God's hand for Jesus' sake,
But still I know my heart will break.
D. J. U.
Saturday, January 2, 2010
A Poem
lovingly created by Dawna at 4:58 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





5 comments:
Beautiful poem! Very well written! Love you sis!
Did you write that? Wow.
Oh, thank you, girls. Yes, I did write it. I got to thinking about how it must be for a Christian to love a non-Christian, and wrote a poem about it. :)
Wow, Dawna, that was beautiful. Have you tried publishing that? You have such an incredible way with words.
Thank you, Lois. If I could find a market that would accept poetry like that this, I would try. But sadly, it's not the kind of poetry people want anymore. Sometimes you just have to write for yourself regardless of what other people think. :)
Post a Comment