Dakota's Son
Dakota whispers, "Come to me,"
Her arms embrace me tenderly.
She leads me through her golden plains,
She lets me taste her prairie rains.
The dreams of twilight kiss her skies,
Enchantment fills her precious eyes.
Her wild wind compasses me,
She laughs within a sunset sea.
Then all at once she grasps my hands,
She guides my eyes across her lands.
She speaks to me, her voice aglow,
"Behold, my son," she whispers low.
A man is there upon her plain,
He's drenched with sweet Dakota rain.
His eyes hold twilight soft and dim,
Enchantment seems to shine in him.
He's strong and wild like the winds,
And once he loves, it never ends.
Dakota's child, yes, I know,
For in his laugh her sunsets glow.
D.J.U.
Monday, November 24, 2008
Poetry
lovingly created by Dawna at 3:35 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





3 comments:
That's beautiful, Dawna. Just lovely! :)
Wonderful Poem, Dawna. I don't think I've ever heard that one before!
*wipes a tear from her eye* Dawna, you have such a gift for writing! It's inspiring and your poem is beautiful.
Post a Comment