His eyes are midnight mysteries,
His hair is priceless ebony.
"A rogue," cries out the frenzied breeze.
A savage, dragon jubilee.
His laughter soars on jet-black light,
His heart conceals a cobra's cries.
A wild fiend, a vile knight,
Dark fire fills his evil lies.
"A rogue," I whisper to my heart,
A vicious song, a pirate's laugh.
His life has ripped my world apart,
His soul has torn my soul in half.
Gossiping noses snort at me,
Hypocrites glare from far above.
Beneath their smirks lie ebony,
They know not what it means to love.
I chose to choose my wicked one,
And heartbreak makes my world grow dim.
But though this nightmare kills the sun,
I'll not renounce my love for him.
I kneel before my God Divine,
My soul is crushed, yet I implore,
"God, let me love this rogue of mine,
Oh, let me love him evermore."
Love bears all things, believes all things,
I will bear and I'll believe.
Though midnight moans and darkness sings,
Oh, precious lad, I cannot leave.
Love never fails, I will not fail,
I'll watch and pray and weep and fight.
I've chained my heart within this jail,
Until the stars compass the night.
Take crimson lilies far from me,
Throw diamonds to a million skies.
I ask for only ebony,
For just the nightmare of his eyes.
My rogue is drenched with bloody scars,
He's caused ten thousand tears to flow.
My soul entwines his prison bars,
I won't let go, I won't let go.
D. J. U.
Friday, July 17, 2009
My Rogue
lovingly created by Dawna at 12:22 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





4 comments:
Me loves it, Dawna-dear!!! :)
"I've chained my heart within this jail..." -- you have such an incredible way with words.
Hey :) I found your blog through--Kayla's, I believe? Anyhow, just wanted to say that the poem is beautiful, I love it. Especially the last two verses.
Thank you, ladies. You're both very kind.
Wow, Dawna! You wrote that? Amazing! very nice!
I really enjoyed reading it!
Love and hugs!
Post a Comment