BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Wednesday, March 14, 2012

My Favorite Facial Ever!


I have been loving the knowledge I've been accumulating about herbs, essential oils, and all the lovely natural healthcare options that exist. God in His goodness created so many marvelous plants that heal and nourish the body beautifully. I have been extremely sick with something that I'm pretty sure was really close to pneumonia, but thanks be to God and His medicine (goldenseal, mullein, eucalyptus, etc.) I am getting well. (I will probably have the FDA beating down my door for saying all of the above, but if it helps someone, it's worth it.) :) That being said, if you think you have pneumonia you probably should go to the doctor. I tend to be a little extreme at times. :)

Okay, on to the facial. If you know me, you know that I love anything to do with beauty. I go bananas at the sight of sunsets, rising moons, and starlit planets. I absolutely freak out when I catch sight of an ocean, and as for palm trees and tropical flowers . . . well, I just about fall on my face. The beauty of human beings thrills my soul as well (seriously, how can anyone believe there isn't a God), and I love anything to do with enhancing human beauty. That being said, I have tried a lot of different beauty products, but the facial below is absolutely the best facial I have ever, ever, ever done. I'm serious. Nothing store-bought can compare to the results of this facial. (I have combination/oily skin, so if you have really dry skin this might not make your face quite as happy as it makes mine. And if you have sensitive skin, proceed with caution.)


I use baking soda, rosemary, chamomile, and bentonite clay. I get the soda from my health food store, and the herbs and clay I order online from Bulk Herb Store.


Begin with baking soda. Pull your hair back from your face and splash warm water on it. Take about a tablespoon of baking soda in the palm of your hand and mix a little water with it. Rub it over your entire face avoiding the eye area (seriously who would think of rubbing stuff in their eyes anyway) and gently scrub for a few minutes. This works as an amazing all natural microdermabrasion.


Next, put some water on to boil. Put a few tablespoons of chamomile flowers . . .


 . . . and a few tablespoons of rosemary . . .


 . . . into a large bowl.


Put a hot pad underneath to protect your counter or table, pour almost-boiling water over the herbs, drape a towel over your head, and relax as the essence of amazing herbs seeps into your face. I've read books that tell you not to steam your face, I've read books that tell you to steam your face. Everyone is different, but personally I think steaming the face with herbs is amazing. (Just don't burn your face. I got a little too close for a little too long once and scorched myself. Even so, my skin looked really good if you could get past how pink it was.) :)


Next, the clay. This clay is amazing! It's not at all like the stuff that comes in a tube. It's hard to get on and even harder to get off, but it is worth it. Take about a tablespoon and mix it with water until it won't absorb any more water (about two or three tablespoons) and then . . . do your best to get it on your face. :)

Yeah, it's not a smooth dreamy-like substance, but it gets the job done a whole lot better. I don't have time to tell you about the all the amazing things this clay can do, not only for your beauty but also for your health. But I should warn you, the first few times I used it, I felt really weird sensations in my face. It was like there was some sort of energy pumping inside my skin. It wasn't unpleasant, just weird. This clay is a powerful toxin remover. It literally sucks up toxins and gets them out of the body. And when I put it on my face, and wash it off after about fifteen or twenty minutes, my skin looks AMAZING! It looks clear, and firm, and exfoliated, and healthy, and young, and soft, and just AMAZING!

Have a Happy Facial!!!

 The ideas and recipes in this post come from Organic Body Care Recipes and Bulk Herb Store.

0 comments: