BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Saturday, August 23, 2008

My Beautiful Black Hills

We recently went on a wonderful camping trip in the Black Hills of South Dakota! The Brown Family came along even after we warned them that it always rains when the Updikes go camping. :) Needless to say, it did rain but we had a blast anyway! Here are some random pictures from that unforgettable event.
The storm clouds gathered and threatened with dark forebodings!
It became so cold that even the woman consented to chop firewood.
A huge pot of venison stew helped to ward off the fatal chill in the air.

The sunshine of this camping trip mostly consisted of the smiles on our faces. (That is not my coat, btw. Mine got rather soaked and took days to dry, so my brother let me wear his.) :)
I was very serious about my job as bodyguard to the lovely Elizabeth. :) (Seriously, I'm not sure what image I was trying to project with that . . . um . . . face.)
This is the whole group of brave campers (except for Dad, he's on the other end of the camera). Isn't my Dakota land awesome?!?!
One day while camping, we decided to go into Hill City and window shop. We came upon a quaint little antique store and discovered fashion as it used to be. :)
Charming!

Delightful!

Quaint!


Ducky!


All in all, the whole camping trip was a lovely time, and the sun did come out after a couple of days. :) The best times are those you share with people you love and on this camping trip, I was surrounded with them! Thank you LORD, for my family and friends!

Thanks for visiting! I hope you have a wonderful day!

0 comments: