BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Saturday, September 27, 2008

"Believe me if all those endearing young charms
Which I gaze on so fondly today,
Were to change by tomorrow and fleet in my arms,
Like fairy gifts fading away,
Thou would'st still be adored as this moment thou art,
Let thy loveliness fade as it will,
And around the dear ruin each wish of my heart
Would entwine itself verdantly still.




It is not while beauty and youth are thine own,
And thy cheeks unprofaned by a tear,
That the fervor and faith of a heart may be known,
To which time will but make thee more dear.
Oh, the heart that has truly loved never forgets,
But as truly loves on to the close,
As the sunflower turns on her god when he sets
The same look which she turned when he rose."


Thomas Moore



I love beauty! Beautiful eyes, beautiful smiles, beautiful personalities, beautiful words, beautiful music, beautiful seasons, beautiful memories, beautiful dreams! Oh, this world is full of amazing beauty! But of all the many beauties there are to behold, there is one kind of beauty that especially enthralls me. The beauty of love.


As a young woman who has never even come close to loving a man in a special way, it is sometimes difficult to imagine how love can last after the external beauty fades from a person. The passing of years erases physical attractiveness, and as youth fades, the winning charms of a person many times fade with it. When the beauty that once inspired love is gone, how is it possible that love remains? I don't have an answer to that question, but somehow I don't think it matters. What matters is knowing that true love never ends. Instead, it grows stronger with time. As the poem above will testify, these are not original thoughts, but they are thoughts that I love to be reminded of. One of the greatest beauties in all the world is knowing that true love is unconditional and unending. "Oh, the heart that has truly loved never forgets ..." How I look forward to loving someone with a love that is true.


Have a beautiful day! :)









4 comments:

Kyle said...

I mean really, how am I supposed to comment on this? ;)

But it's a good post! Just hard for a guy to comment on, that's all. lol

Dawna said...

LOL Sorry! I'll try to make the next post more guy friendly! :)

Liz Brown said...

Strange ... you posted this a long time ago and my Bloglines only just picked up on it ... ??

I'm trying to remember if I had a beautiful day that day. I can't remember it. Oh well. Thanks for the thoughts :)

Dawna said...

It's actually the first draft date on it, and not the day it was published.

Anyway, I will always wish you a beautiful day, so it all works out. :)